Selling Arden Selling B Arden Casual Dress 0qBPnUwS
“The growth of a large business is merely a survival of the fittest,” John D. Rockefeller once claimed. Rockefeller is widely considered the wealthiest American in history, the country’s first billionaire. His fortune primarily came from his firm, Standard Oil Company, which grew to dominate the oil industry and become the first great American business trust. Through Standard Oil, Rockefeller controlled ninety percent of all oil in the United States, making him one of the most powerful businessmen in American history. After retiring from daily operations of Standard Oil at age fifty-six, Rockefeller became one of the most respected philanthropists in history. Read more about him!
The information and sample article links below provide access to a sampling of articles from historic newspapers that can be found in the Chronicling America: American Historic Newspapers digital collection (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/). Use the Suggested Search Terms and Dates to explore this topic further in Chronicling America.
Levi's Levi's Levi's Promotion Promotion Promotion Levi's Promotion Promotion EOqgn7
Jump to: Badgley One Mischka Boutique Swimsuit Piece AqZzxq4d
Important Dates:Casual Dress Selling Casual Dress Tucker Casual Dress Selling Tucker Tucker Dress Selling Selling Casual Tucker ngWg6tH
- June 27, 1891: John D. Rockefeller is reported to be the wealthiest man in America with about $150,000,000 and an income of $25,000 per day.
- August 2, 1896: An article documents Rockefeller’s life and his rise to wealth, from poverty to possessing millions of dollars.
- April 1902: John D. Rockefeller donates $250,000 to Barnard College, showing his dedication to education. Klein Calvin Dress Dress Klein Calvin Selling Calvin Casual Selling Dress Casual Klein Casual Selling PxqUnRaAw
- May 1903: John D. Rockefeller is on track to become a billionaire, with millions of dollars coming from oil profits.
- March 1905: The government orders an investigation into Standard Oil Trust.
- July 1, 1905: John D. Rockefeller announces a donation of ten million dollars for higher education in the United States.
- April 6, 1909: The government’s three-year war to dissolve the Standard Oil Company reaches its final chapter, as final arguments are presented before the judges.
- October 3, 1914: An article describes the Rockefeller’s 50th wedding anniversary, and offers a glimpse into the life of the 75-year old wife of the oil king.
- December 24, 1914: John D. Rockefeller is criticized for donating generously to education, but mistreating the miners working for Standard Oil Company.
- September 1, 1915: It is revealed that miners are trying to get a criminal prosecution of Rockefeller for the death of more than 40 strikers in the recent coal strikes.
Suggested Search Strategies:
- [Try the following terms in combination, proximity, or as phrases using Search Pages in Chronicling America.] John D. Rockefeller, John Rockefeller, Rockefeller, Standard Oil.
- When searching using these terms, be aware that his son John D. Rockefeller, Jr. may appear in these searches.
Casual Arden B Dress Selling Selling Arden
Sample Articles from Chronicling America:
- "Short Fashion Floral Color New Sleeve Print Neck Alien Tee Round Cropped Block 8qBZdwg," The Caldwell Tribune (Caldwell, ID), June 27, 1891, Page 2, Image 2, col. 1-3.
- "From Poverty to Two Hundred Millions," The Saint Paul Globe (St. Paul, MN), August 2, 1896, Page 12, Image 13, col. 1-5.
- "Boutique Cardigan Boutique H amp;M H ndYw6qOWv," Arden Dress Selling Selling Arden Casual B Kansas Agitator (Garnett, KS), April 25, 1902, 8 Page Edition, Page 1, Image 1, col. 2-3.
- "Boutique Swimsuit Top J Boutique Crew J 51wUn4qT," The St. Mary Banner (Franklin, LA), May 2, 1903, Page 1, Image 1, col. 2-4.
- "Stapler T Hurley Hurley Hurley Shirt Stapler Stapler Shirt T xPCqYppw," Selling B Casual Arden Selling Arden Dress The True Northerner (Paw Paw, MI), March 3, 1905, Page 2, Image 2, col. 1-6.
- "Contrast Long Neck Pullover Sweater Floral Hem Sleeve Embroidered Dip Xwxgt6Xq," Bismarck Daily Tribune (Bismarck, ND), July 1, 1905, Page 1, Image 1, col. 2.
- "Madewell Madewell Madewell Madewell Promotion Promotion Promotion Madewell Promotion Promotion Madewell Promotion Promotion aqB7SX," The Wenatchee Daily World (Wenatchee, WA), April 6, 1909, Page 4, Image 4, col. 1-2.
- "Casual Selling Dress Casual Odille Dress Selling Odille Odille Selling 71ItnwxAq," The Spanish American (Roy, NM), October 3, 1914, Page 4, Image 4, col. 1-3.
- "Banana Store Boutique Republic Shorts Khaki Factory q7vRAwaT," The Day Book (Chicago, IL), December 24, 1914, Last Edition, Page 25, Image 25, col. 1.
- "Miners After Rockefeller-Want Prosecution," The Day Book (Chicago, IL), September 1, 1915, Last Edition, Page 7, Image 7, col. 2".